Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Sorry About the Wait

Yeah, I've been slacking off on updating the blog lately. While waiting for pre-readers, I've been practicing vectoring and animation. It's been going pretty well, but it's been time consuming. I've also been going through the script and trying to envision the scenes by running through the visual in my mind while saying the dialogue out loud. I think most of the reason I've been mildly dissatisfied with my script is that I only had vision for half of it. So now I need to envision it so I can write it right. Any time I add something that I haven't properly envisioned, I find that there's a bit of a lull in the quality and believability. There are certain scenes I had a crystal clear picture of in my mind before I even started writing, but then there are others that I've already written, but still haven't envisioned.

Anyway, so I'm still searching for pre-readers (SUPPORT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED, I've only had three people read it so far, and I want to get at least ten reviews before I post it!). To those of you who have already read it, I may be sending you a more revised version. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, and I'm not going to make the screenplay public until it's absolutely perfect. Once all the pre-readers have approved it, and I can't find anything else wrong with it, I'll call it good. But not before then.

Also, GIMP artists wanted! Specifically, people who are skilled with making dynamic backgrounds! Many of the structures like buildings and hills will be simple CGI models, but there are other things like distance scenery shots and indoor takes that I probably can't handle very well on my own.

If you would like to volunteer to help, again my email is davidreinold@thedevhome.net.

Sorry, no other updates today. In fact, this is just a heads up warning you that there may not be many updates for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment